When: 19-21 June, 2020
Where: LoveYourBrain, Online Virtual Studio
As always, I am excited to attend a teacher training course and workshop. Through teaching and my personal practice, I continue to be amazed by the benefits of both a physical yoga practice and meditation. The greater my experience and learning the more I realize there is much more to learn.
This program is designed to benefit people with brain injury and their carepartners. I look forward to learning from this group of experts and incorporating the new knowledge into all that Poe Wellness Solutions offers. We can all benefit from loving our brains a bit more.
A comprehensive, 20-hour, online training for yoga teachers, health professionals, yoga practitioners, people with brain injury, and caregivers looking for practical tools and skills to make yoga, meditation, and pranayama accessible for people with traumatic brain injury, including concussion. It’s also for yoga teachers who want to be certified to teach in the LoveYourBrain Yoga program and deliver our research-backed, six-week curriculum to their local brain injury community through partnerships with LoveYourBrain Affiliate Yoga Studios across North America.
Learn more about LoveYourBrain.
- Hands-on experience learning gentle and chair-based yoga modifications, effective sequencing, and fundamental teaching tips to meet the unique needs of this population
- Learn meditation practices and pranayama techniques to focus the mind and calm the nervous system
- Learn about neuroanatomy and neurophysiology, the impact of TBI on the individual and family, and how neuroplasticity influences healing
- Learn the LYB 6-week FUNdamentals series, which incorporates TBI-focused yoga and meditation best practices, class themes to foster resilience and compassion, and facilitated discussion
- Develop connections to the broader LoveYourBrain community and movement to shift the culture around TBI recovery and brain health
- Learn the strengths and weaknesses of research evaluating the feasibility and impact of yoga and meditation for TBI rehabilitation
- Learn the science of yoga nidra and how it can be applied to the TBI population to address sleep and mental health concerns