Meet Meg Poe, the Coaching Yogi
It was 2001 when I first heard about “life coaching.” I did a little research but it was not quite the right fit. In 2012, I discovered the Integrative Health Coaching program at Duke. The more I learned, the more I believed I had found the perfect next step for my Health + Happiness journey and my desire to add value and quality to my life.
Attending the training at Duke Integrative Medicine was life-changing. Not only have I had the honor of coaching people through change and toward their optimal health vision, but I experienced the gift of being coached myself.
My passion for health of mind and body plus years of yoga practice and health coaching experience became tools for developing the process for transforming stuckness into stickiness. I am no longer held prisoner by my goals. Yes, I have goals, but they are no longer my driving force. My goals are the milestones along the way. Now I have a bigger picture in mind—a vision that matters to me. A purpose. A passion. It took time to create and it needs tending to. My vision provides direction and motivation, a stickiness that keeps me on track. I experience success. I fall short. I learn. I keep moving. I am not stuck on the achievement of my goals but instead motivated by the stickiness of the bigger picture, passion and purpose of my life.
In 2015, I completed the Integrative Health Coach training at Duke Integrative Medicine and began working on the 300 hour Advanced Studies yoga teacher training at Asheville Yoga Center. Research that is focused on the connection between the mind and body and the need for changes in our health behaviors is abundant. Poe Wellness Solutions was born out of the idea—and research!— that shows we can achieve Health + Happiness when we focus on creating personal, meaningful and sustainable behavior changes.
Everywhere I look there are opportunities to add value, to make magic and to partner with amazing people. I created Poe Wellness Solutions to form valuable Partnerships with my clients, Optimize their pursuits for self-discovery, and Empower their goals for Health + Happiness.
If you have never thought about your optimal vision of health, what are you waiting for? Let’s do it now!
- RYT-500, Advanced Studies Certification, Asheville Yoga Center, Asheville NC, 2018
- National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC), National Board of Medical Examiners, 2017
- Integrative Health Coach, Duke Integrative Medicine, Duke University, 2016
- RYT-200, MindBody Centering Yoga Therapy Teacher, Nina Be, Durham NC, 2014
- Advanced Mat Pilates Instructor, Pilates of NC, 2010
- Basic Mat Pilates Instructor, Pilates of NC, 2009
- MA, Experimental Psychology, Towson University, Towson MD, 2001
- MA, Exercise Physiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill NC, 1993
- BA, Psychology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill NC, 1991
- BA, Physical Education, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill NC, 1991
- Yoga for Chronic Pain, Libby Hensley, Asheville Yoga Center, Asheville NC, November 2017
- Mindfulness Leadership Training ~ Search Inside Yourself, Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute, Google, Fort Mill SC, September 2017
- Yoga and Cancer, Sara LaStella, Asheville Yoga Center, Asheville NC, August 2017
- Colloquium on Interdisciplinary Rehabilitation Care for Parkinson’s Disease: Building Your Team, Enhancing Your Care, Wake AHEC and UNC Neurology’s Movement Disorders Center, Raleigh NC, June 2017
- Yoga ~ Hands on Assists, Shala Worsley, Asheville Yoga Center, Asheville NC, April 2017
- Integrative Health Coach Professional Training: Certification Course, Duke Integrative Medicine, Duke University, 2016
- Flow and Yin – 5 Day Immersion, Kimberly Puryear, Asheville Yoga Center, Asheville NC, October 2016
- Restorative Yoga, Sara Levine, Asheville Yoga Center, Asheville NC, July 2016
- Meditation and Yoga, Kimerly Puryear, Asheville Yoga Center, Asheville NC, March 2016
- Integrative Health Coach Professional Training: Foundations Course, Duke Integrative Medicine, Duke University, 2015
- Yoga ~ Breathing and Anatomy, Leslie Kaminoff, Asheville Yoga Center, Asheville NC, October 2015
- Yoga and Therapeutics, Joe Taft, Asheville Yoga Center, Asheville NC, May 2015
- Yin Yoga, Shala Worsley, Asheville Yoga Center, Asheville NC, January 2015
- MindBody Centering Yoga Therapy Teacher Training, Nina Be, Durham NC, 2014
- Advanced Mat Pilates, 2010
- Basic Mat Pilates, Pilates of NC, 2009
- Pilates, Fitour Primary Pilates, 2004
Wellness Program Research, Planning, Development, & Leadership, Health Education, Lecturer, Group Fitness Instructor, Health & Wellness Writer, Cardiac Rehab & Adult Fitness, Physical Trainer, Behavior Modification Specialist – Hospital, University, Government Agency, Community College, Police Department, Continuing Care Retirement Community, Fitness Centers, Yoga Studios, 1990-Present
Program & Project Management, Training & Development, Process Development & Improvement, Leadership & Strategic Development, Change Management – Global Clinical Research Industry, 2001-2014
Let’s get in touch!
The importance of finding Health + Happiness
Your Health + Happiness is the key to supporting your best self. It is time to get in the driver’s seat. Where are you starting? Where do you want to be? What’s holding you back from achieving your optimal Health + Happiness? Don’t wait until you are sick or sad to focus on your Health + Happiness. Be proactive and partner with a health coach to find out what really, truly makes you happy and healthy. You can take the 100% free Health + Happiness positioning test to start your roadmap to a happier, healthier you.